Saturday, October 13, 2007

Have Oil - Will Move


So you work many months on a project with the anticipated start date being shuffled around like a deck of card, then your card comes up!  My card came up, the crews and equipment move on site and the work begins.  Everything moving as expected with multiple projects being knocked off one-by-one!  This day was so going my way...until the dust and sand settled!  Out of the billowing dust and sand came many SUV belonging to the Kuwait Oil Company!  The caravan drove to ground zero of my just completed construction project.  A kind man walked to me and introduced himself to me and flatly stated he was going to drill for oil right where we were standing, right where my finished project stood, in two weeks!  So the moral of this story is very simple, if you play in someone's backyard, be prepared to run when the owner's let the dogs out.

No comments: