Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Weekend Shoot

What a weekend...super weather at the beach...family everywhere and running amuck and all is well!  We planned a big shoot with my wife's sister and her family; let's see at last count...12!  All beautiful girls except for the handsome men.  My timing was off...but the sun and mosquitos were not.  We had planned to do some portraits at the beach and that didn't workout too well due to the mid day sun and very overcrowded beach.  So we decided to move on to a secluded trail with a bridge and walkway to a cool part of the beach with dunes, grass and fence.  We got to the spot and were greeted by a swarm of malnurished mosquitos!  We were a little overwhelmed by the turnout, both family and mosquito!  We did however manager to capture most for the family and render some really neat stuff.  What did I learn...family first, planned shots second and always have plenty of bug repellant on hand.  The photo above is of my niece Savanna, and this was one of my best unplanned portraits of the weekend!  Despite my best efforts in planning, sometimes the best image is right in front of you, just waiting to be captured.

No comments: